Pages

Sunday 21 July 2013

Assignment #11: Final Edit

This is my absolute favourite photograph from Photography 12. I really liked how the clock from Gastown was silhouetted by the natural lighting; that, plus the leaves up top that somewhat frame it, make it my favourite.

I edited this photo to make the clouds seem more soft, and to make the clock/leaves look more sillohouetted. I used the pen tool entirely around the clock and filled it with black to make the edges more sharp. I also edited out the leaves on the bottom right of the clock. After that, I applied a blurred overlay layer, and then a hard light layer over top, and then I shrunk it to increase the quality a bit.

I didn't use many compositional rules, since this picture was taken by fluke when I held my camera up way over my head. The ones that coincidentally appeared, however, are the following:
- Framing: The leaves up top kind of frame it
- Contrast: The darkness of the picture contrasts with the blue sky.
- Simplicity: It's the sky + the clock + leaves.

I dislike how it's not framed in a normal way. I would have liked to crop out the right part, but it makes the picture look less "full" to me. I'd also have to crop off the top to make it more proportional if I did that. I also dislike the asymmetry of the clock around the middle part; I probably took the picture from a wrong angle.

Extra edit:


I made the yellow into red, to make it seem more sinister, and I added a little bit of saturation and lightness to make it more clear.

3 comments:

  1. I like the first one its a different way of frame it and makes it that much more special. the second one kinda creeped me out but im guessing that's what you wanted

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pictures, It looks like its proffesionaly taken and I so love the color and dark shades of the second photo I really love it. And the first one is pleasantly looking, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your photo, specially the first one. Its really creative and i love the way i can still see the details of the photo.

    ReplyDelete